We are proud to act as accountants for a number of hotels and guesthouses in the UK, particularly in Blackpool where one of our offices is based, and we would be delighted to offer you specialist advice and service.
Whether you’re a small B&B or a larger hotel, we really understand the ins and outs of this industry and the unique challenges and opportunities it presents to you and your business.
For example we will:
- talk your lingo – for example if you use booking websites, we understand how your commissions and charges work. So you don’t need to ‘translate’ for us, before asking our advice.
- recommend the right business structure for you – to maximise profits and minimise your tax liabilities
- advise you how to deal with the VAT thresholds (if applicable) and the various schemes available to you.
- offer you a full in-house bookkeeping service or if you prefer to do your own bookkeeping, we will provide and train you to use a bespoke manual bookkeeping system or award-winning Kashflow online software to make your job easier
- help you to correctly classify all your purchases during the year and value your stock at the end of the year – from linen to mattresses, breakfast sausages to in-room goodies – to maximise taxable expenses and capital allowance claims.
- take the hassle out of your staffing arrangements by operating a PAYE scheme on your behalf for any employees (remember there is no such thing as a ‘casual worker’ anymore!)
- advise about tax relief on property repairs and refurbishments you incur.
- help you reorganise personal loans and mortgages as business loans, maximising tax relief on the interest.
- plan your accounts period end and most of the work around your ‘quiet season’ if necessary, so you can minimise admin and instead concentrate on running your business when you need to.
- advise how to draw money from your business in the most tax efficient way possible.
Please remember we offer a FREE INTIAL CONSULTATION for any accommodation business owners, totally without commitment. You can hear our ideas for your business and tax situation and also see – if you feel comfortable with us, if we speak your language. All our services are totally reliable and guaranteed, with sound advice based on over twenty-five years in business as practising accountants and telephone and email advice to clients, by our Partner Dean Logan FCA throughout the year.
So if you’re starting a new accommodation business or looking for a fresh approach to accountancy and business advice (and not just ‘number crunching’), we urge you to call Dean now on 01253 320018, 01772 673377 or 0161 339 7502 or email email@example.com.